E-Community of Practice for extra-curricular learning models
167127- LLP - 1 - 2009 - 1 - IT - KA1 - KA1ECETB
E-CoP Project means Community Of Practice for extra-curricular Learning Models
According to the Lisbon objective to create a knowledge-based society, nobody should leave school with insufficient competences and skills.
As transnational cooperation with regard to vocational learning models is not yet strongly developed within the EU, and national cultures and practices in this field can be quite different (see Commission Staff Working Document “Progress Towards the Lisbon Objectives in Education and Training 2008”), E-CoP Project is aimed at supporting EU-wide collaboration on Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Project objectives and results
E-CoP project enables online collaboration among partner institutions and European professionals in order to:
- define operational guidelines for design and delivery of learning experiences, focusing on extra-curricular activities
- share innovative education and training models
- leverage networking and sub-networking opportunities among community members
To meet these objectives, E-CoP develops an online Community of Practice (CoP) using Web 2.0 technology.
E-CoP will produce the following public results, which will be made available periodically throughout the project:
- guidelines focused on extra-curricular activities, bringing together the in field experience of community members, practical recommendations, and case studies
- output of intermediate collaboration activities among project partners
E-CoP is a project funded by the European Union's Lifelong Learning Programme and runs from February 1st, 2010 to January 31st, 2011.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union